Hello Readers, I hope you’re well.
This week we chat about some of the Microsoft Teams announcements from the very recent Enterprise Connect show in Orlando. We talk about the show at a high level, then move on to some of the things we found really interesting from the Microsoft Keynote which was done by Nicole Herskowitz, Vice president for Microsoft Teams at Microsoft. These items were also covered in the companion blogpost by Microsoft. Highlights from Enterprise Connect 2022 – new Microsoft Teams announcements for hybrid work. We would love to cover everything, but as always the blog post is enormous and packed full of goodness.
- Operator Connect Mobile – a single SIM-enabled number for Teams Phone serves as your desk phone number, your mobile number, and your Teams number
- End to End Encryption in calling
- New and improved Common Area Phone license which now includes Azure AD Premium P1, Endpoint Manager and Exchange Online Plan 2 for cloud voicemail. In addition to more calling features which are usually reserved to users.
- DECT phone integration with the Microsoft SIP gateway – The initial set of vendors include Spectralink, Ascom and Poly, with Yealink and Gigaset coming by September
- A new Microsoft Teams Room collaboration device category that I call Teams Board and devices from Neat and Yealink – Microsoft Teams Room on Android
- New enhancements for the Microsoft Whiteboard app in Teams
- Call Controls for devices that are connected directly to your laptop without the need for a dongle – something we asked Microsoft for in Episode 22 of the Podcast. The invoice is on the way
- And a very brief mention about Shared Channels which is now in public preview
Anyway, this was a fun episode and we hope you enjoy it. Have a listen below.
As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below.
If you’ve enjoyed this or any other episodes of the UCStatus Podcast, why not take a second to subscribe, like and share.
We’d love to hear your comments and suggestions for future episodes so why not leave a comment.