Hello Readers, I hope you’re well.
This week we say happy birthday to Teams, which turned 3 this month. Teams launched into public preview on 2nd November 2016, then four-and-a-half months later, the platform became generally available on the 14th March 2017. We talk through a big list of the latest news and new features for Teams, including;
- New algorithm to improve quality, for lossy networks
- new Satin codec for low bandwidth – wideband audio with as little as 7 kbps
- Background Blur for iOS
- The Bookings app – virtual consults
- Raise hands in Teams meetings
- Teams meetings with noise suppression
- Microsoft 365 Business Voice available in the US on April 1st
- RealWear headset for hands-free Teams collaboration
- Teams Walkie Talkie on the Samsung XCover Pro
- Bose headsets for Teams
- Teams collaborations bars – Yealink VC210 first qualified device, Poly X30 and X50 coming (eventually)
- New phones from Poly
- The Teams Admin Centre (TAC) will soon add Microsoft Teams Room (MTR) and Collaboration bars
- targeted communications – aka tags
- Lots of Shifts stuff
- New licensing for firstline workers
- Pop out chat rolling out from April to end of May
- offline mode for Teams
- 10,000 users in a team – up from 5,000
- group chats with up to 250 users
- Consumer Skype interoperability is almost here
- Call Quality Dashboard (CQD) Power BI Connector
It was an interesting chat. We would love to hear your thoughts. And we hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Happy Birthday to Teams 🎉
Here’s the podcast recording 👇
You can listen in-line in this post, or if you prefer, Spotify, Apple Podcasts or TuneIn. The links are below.
If you’ve enjoyed this or any other episodes of the UCStatus Podcast, why not take a second to like and share.
We’d love to hear your comments and suggestions for future episodes.