Hello Readers, I hope you’re well.
This week we chat about some of the latest announcements from Microsoft for Teams. Not a what’s new, but a cherry picked list of things we found interesting and thought you would too. All of these announcements came during or since Microsoft Inspire.
- At Inspire, Microsoft announced a few things for phones and other devices for Teams. Among them:
- SIP phone support for Teams
- 3PIP phones supported for Teams after 2023
- Low cost Teams phones
- USB phones for Teams are coming back
- Teams Display: This is a completely new category for personal devices for Teams. It’s kind of a phone, but also a lot more by the look of it.
- Calling Plans: Microsoft announced at Inspire that they were going to start adding more countries that could buy and use Calling Plans for PSTN calling in Teams.
- Advanced Communications License: This is a new, controversial license for Teams and we had some things to say about it
This was a fun one as always. Have a listen
Do you think Microsoft has every use case covered for phones and personal devices for Teams? What do you (and your customers) think about the new Advanced Communications License?
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below.
You can listen in-line in this post, or if you prefer, Spotify, Apple Podcasts or TuneIn and now iHeartRadio. The links are below.
If you’ve enjoyed this or any other episodes of the UCStatus Podcast, why not take a second to subscribe, like and share.
We’d love to hear your comments and suggestions for future episodes. For now, leave a comment. Look out for the new form coming soon.